Manager, Naropa Centre for Writing and Communication
The Naropa Campus at Hemis, Ladakh (with occasional visits to New Delhi)
The Naropa Centre for Writing and Communicationwill function throughout the academic
year at the Fellowship. It will play a unique part in building the entrepreneurial capacity of
the Fellows by helping them strategise their communication and critical thinking skills.
Instruction in courses along the track will be supported by individual tutoring at the
“writing-communication lab”. The role will involve managing both these aspects of the
The Manager, Naropa Centre for Writing and Communication,will work closely with the
curriculum advisor to run the Centre. Following are the KRAs:
- Helping design course outlines with the curriculum advisor for the academic track
- Identifying and following up with visiting faculty for courses in the track
- Maintaining notes and offering feedback/inputs for courses
- Interfacing closely with Fellows as well as faculty
- Managing schedules for classes and tutorials on the academic calendar
- Administering feedback forms and reports at the end of every term
- Assisting with grading of assignments
- Ensuring contracts and other arrangements are in place for each instructor
- Managing all functions at the writing-communication lab
- Providing individual tutoring to Fellows on writing/communication competency
- Assigning writing tasks and projects
- Managing task schedules and follow-ups
- Running weekly activities including practice sessions, reading hours, quizzes, feedback sessions and tutorials
- Maintaining student profiles for internships, placements, academic and professional records
The candidate must possess the following qualities:
- Clear writing, verbal fluency and correct English grammar
- The ability to discern and prioritise areas in curriculum which need work
- Academic and language-oriented while being aware of industry trends
- The versatility to work on diverse tasks and deliver consistently
- Orientation to detail and driven by outcome
The candidate must understand the role of critical thinking and clear expression in entrepreneurial thought and innovation. S/he should be aware of and sensitive to the diverse needs and strengths of budding entrepreneurs in the Himalayan region.
Post-graduate with a major in English/Linguistics or the other humanities. Candidates with experience in teaching will be preferred.
Commensurate with experience
Interested candidates should submit a resume and two writing samplesvia email to Saurav Goswami at email@example.com. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.